When you’re been involved in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident, it’s important to enlist the help of a qualified attorney—someone with ample experience working car accident cases, and someone you trust to represent your best interests. A good Orange County car accident lawyer will represent you to your insurance company as well as in court, and fight for the maximum monetary compensation.
In order for your Orange County car accident lawyer to get the job done, you’ll need to provide some basic information. As you call your lawyer to start work on your case, keep this basic checklist in mind—all the information you’ll need to deliver in order to ensure a strong case.
10 Things to Provide Your Car Accident Lawyer in Orange County
1. When did the accident happen? In theory, this one should be pretty straightforward—though you might be surprised how many clients can’t remember the exact date of their accident! Make sure you jot down both the date and time of the accident and provide that information to your lawyer.
2. How did the accident happen? The more information you can provide your attorney, the better. You may even want to draw some pictures or diagrams. Alternatively, share some photos of the accident scene and the damage to your vehicle. In some cases, your attorney may even have you work with an accident reconstruction specialist to ensure all the details are right.
3. Was a police report filed? Make sure your Orange County car accident lawyer knows whether or not a police report was filed, and also what the report says—specifically, who was at fault? You or the other driver?
4. Did the other driver admit to being at fault? Most of the time, this doesn’t happen—but if the other driver did admit to fault, that’s a big help for your case! And if this is recorded in the police report, that’s even better!
5. When did you first receive medical care? At what date and time did you first receive medical care? Which medical office or hospital did you go to? And how did you get there? Did you drive yourself? Was an ambulance called in? Here again, the more information you can provide, the better!
6. Were any diagnostic tests run? Your Orange County car accident lawyer will want to know whether any MRIs or X-rays were taken—and if so, what the results were. You may wish to speak with your doctor about simply having your records transferred over to your attorney’s office.
7. What are your injuries? Always provide your lawyer with a complete list of injuries. There is nothing too small or too frivolous to mention! If your foot hurts, or if you have a scrape across your forearm, or if you’ve been having headaches since the accident, always mention it to your lawyer. You want to be truly exhaustive here.
8. Do you feel like any of your injuries are permanent? You may not be a medical professional, but you have an opinion, and it matters. If any of your injuries seem like they are not healing, make sure you tell your lawyer.
9. Do you know the insurance limits of the other driver? This will have a big bearing on your case. You may not always know the answer, but if you do, make sure you pass it along to your Orange County car accident lawyer.
10. What about your own coverage? Your lawyer will want to know all the ins and outs of your insurance coverage. In fact, you may wish to simply provide your attorney with a full copy of your policy. In particular, your attorney will want to know whether you have coverage for uninsured or underinsured motorists.
These are just some of the things your Orange County car accident lawyer will ask you as your case begins; make sure that you are always as truthful and thorough as possible. Remember, your attorney is on your side!
Connect with Orange County Car Accident Lawyers
If you’re ready to speak with a legal professional about the injuries you sustained in a car accident, reach out to I Accident Lawyer today. Our attorneys only represent those who have been injured in car accidents—we never represent insurance companies. And, we always seek the maximum monetary compensation for our clients. Learn more about our legal services by calling I Accident Lawyer, any time you need us!